The Alford American Family Association
Serving the Alford community over 25 Years
We Are Family!!
Click for CONTACT Information
|Last Updated: 22 AUG 2017 by #0197|
2017 AAFA MEETING and REUNION
This is the homepage for the 2017 Annual Meeting & Reunion in Atlamta, GA, October 14-15, 2017.
We welcome anyone with an interest in the Alford family (and Alfred, Halford, Alvord, etc.) to join us, AAFA member or not!
Looking forward to seeing you at the AAFA Meeting/Reunion!
Last modified on Tuesday, August 22st.
The 2017 Annual Meeting and National Alford Reunion scheduled for October 14-15, 2017 in Atlanta, GA is
* * * C A N C E L L E D * * *.
AAFA Executive Committee
Conference Call, Aug. 19, 2017, 9:00 PM CDT
- Call participants giving unanimous decision acceptance:
- Walt Smith, Acting President
- Lynn Shelley, Board of Directors
- Robert Alford, Acting Board of Directors, Treasurer
- Janice Smith, Wills Project Co-Manager
- John Smith, Wills Project Co-Manager
- Others contacted on Oct. 20, 2017 who agreed with the decision made during the conference call:
- Wayne Parrish, Associate Board of Directors
- James Ellis Alford, Nominated for President
- Other Committee members:
- Evelyn Z. Mistich, Secretary
- Pam Thompson, Board of Directors
- Alicia Houston, Associate Board of Directors
- Tom Alford, Meeting/Reunion Committee
The conference call ended at 10:00 PM.
- 2017 Annual Meeting and Reunion
- Friday: Visit the Georgia Archives in Morrow, GA
- Saturday AM: Business Meeting
- Saturday PM: Alford Genealogy
- Saturday Night: Dinner and Program at an off-site Restaurant
- Sunday AM: Good-byes in Hotel Restaurant and/or Lobby
- Guest Room: $115.60/night including breakfast (must guarantee minimum of 40 rooms)
- Attendee Travel Costs: Unknown
- Meeting Room: $261.36 (available from 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM only) We must remove all AAFA materials by 5:00 PM.
- Microphone: $75.00
- Snacks and beverages: $23.96/person (minimum)
- Lunch on Saturday: Unknown
- Cancel this year’s meeting and reunion
- Lack of sufficient preparations, due to personal conflicts, and publication
- Possibility of a low turnout, due to insufficient time to plan and make arrangements to attend the meeting, causing an excessive cost to AAFA
- Cost/attendee would be excessive
- 2018 Annual Meeting and Reunion
Start planning now for the 2018 meeting/reunion.